Today, digital assets – including cryptocurrencies, digital tokens and NFTs, – are expanding across the investment landscape, rivalling physical commodities. As their popularity soars, so does a new set of legal challenges, risks and opportunities.
Siam Premier’s Digital Asset Practice Group partners with clients across the entire spectrum of the digital assets ecosystem, from up and coming entrepreneurs seeking to issue new types of digital assets to established financial institutions looking to broaden their productofferings. We also assist digital asset fund managers, advisors, exchange, dealers and brokers on regulatory advisory work, and developing internal compliance policies and documents for business operators, as well as providing risk mitigation advice.
With our depth of experience and comprehensive understanding of the legal issues created by the Emergency Decree on Digital Assets Business and its supporting regulations, we are well poised to help you navigate this intricate and evolving space including:
- Providing legal advice regarding laws and regulations involved in obtaining digital asset licenses such as exchange and brokerage licenses
- Advising non-Thai digital assets business operators on requirements for the operation of business in Thailand and restrictions imposed by the Foreign Business Act
- Assisting issuers in preparing project documents for a legally-compliant Initial Coin Offering (“ICO”), obtaining ICO Portal License from the SEC and preparing legal documents and agreements for operations
- Drafting risk-mitigation and self-protection documents for investors including client asset handling and Know-Your-Customer policies
- Advising on data protection issues surrounding the privacy risks created in ownership, acquisition and disposition of NFTs including online identifiers and avatars, blockchain addresses, transaction activity and location data
- Drafting and reviewing node validator agreements
- Advising on E-payment and E-transaction risk mitigation including exchange rate risk
- Provided legal advice regarding the laws and regulations to obtain digital asset licenses i.e. exchange and brokerage licenses
- Provided legal advice in assessment of legal requirements and restrictions for foreign-operated digital asset service provider to operate or provide services in Thailand
- Responded to questionnaires and provided an overview of digital asset laws and associated regulations affecting business operators exploring operation or service provision in Thailand’s NFT ecosystem
- Reviewed and revised node validator agreement to ensure maximum interest and protection for the client exploring the possibility of becoming a node validator on a blockchain.
- Setting up a joint-venture company which provides services for digital asset businesses