Technological innovation is changing how we live. Emerging technologies such as FinTech, health tech, blockchain and digital currencies are disrupting traditional business models and practices across local and global industries.
Siam Premier’s forward thinking Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT) team understands the evolving tech environment and are ready to assist start-ups, developers, ICT service providers, manufacturers, suppliers, and distributors find innovative solutions to their complex legal and regulatory challenges in Thailand.
Our TMT team also provides comprehensive legal services to telecommunications sector participants, including in relation to licensing, financing, regulatory matters and projects. Where necessary, we also represent clients in telecommunication disputes and litigation, including contentious matters involving regulators.
In the media sector, we advise media corporations on all aspects of their operations and business strategy including licensing, regulatory, M&A, and sensitive matters including reputation and defamation protection.
Our TMT team advises on:
- Broadband and wireless
- Cloud computing
- Cryptocurrency, digital assets and initial coin offerings (ICOs)
- Data centres
- Data privacy and protection
- E-commerce (online payment services and contracting)
- ICT services contracts
- Intellectual Property (IP) rights issues, enforcement and disputes
- Licensing and distribution agreements
- Supply contracts
- Telecommunications licenses
- Advising a global law firm in relation to review of a data protection policy.
- Advising a Japanese mobile application company in regards to telecommunication and internet laws in Thailand.
- Advising a Chinese multinational technology company in relation to technology laws, non-competition laws, consumer protection laws and unfair contract terms.
- Acting as a legal advisor for the cooperation between two Thai government agencies for the implementation of the digital tourist refund system to promote tourism in Thailand.
- Advising in the appointment of a Swiss headquartered tourism tax refund company to operate its pilot test for the use of DCC machine in department stores and shops and acting as a legal advisor for technology laws for the business development team from Singapore.
- Advising Thailand’s central bank in relation to a special tender process and drafting an IT Expert Employment Agreement.