Thailand’s dynamic food and beverage sector, one of the nation’s largest GDP contributors, presents investment opportunities to foreign investors, manufacturers and biotechnology companies alike.
Recent government policies implemented through the Thailand Board of Investment (BOI) which encourage foreign investment and support research, development and innovation in the food and beverage sector include offering tax and non-tax incentives to foreign investment projects that meet national development objectives, such as certain manufacturing and research and development activities.
In order to safely navigate the Thai regulatory framework, capture investment opportunities and keep ahead of the curve, food and beverage companies need a Thai legal partner that has an in-depth understanding of the industry and who is up-to-date with the key emerging regulatory risks, opportunities and drivers of change in the sector.
From the ‘sea and farm to table’, Siam Premier works with domestic and multinational food and beverage companies on legal issues that arise at every stage of the production supply chain, providing innovative and workable solutions to our clients’ practical challenges that assist them to keep ahead of market trends and competition.
Our clients include agricultural producers, manufacturers, biotechnology companies, alcoholic beverage conglomerates, food processors, bottlers, distributors, retailers, hotel management companies, logistics companies and restaurant groups.
We assist our clients at every stage of the food and beverage business lifecycle, including in relation to:
- Advertising and labeling approvals
- BOI tax and non-tax investment incentive schemes
- Bottling and packaging matters
- Consumer and regulatory matters and compliance
- Customs and excise taxes
- Department of Thai Livestock (DTLD) import permits
- Employment, immigration, tax and real estate matters
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Health, Safety, Environment and Quality matters
- Manufacturing, import and export licenses
- Market entry
- Mergers and acquisitions (M&A)
- Ministry of Agriculture (MOA) registrations and licenses
- Research and development (R&D) and emerging technology
- Thai Food and Drug Administration (TFDA) licensing and registration
- Advising a leading global wine and spirits company in matters relating to alcohol control under relevant laws and regulations in Thailand.
- Advising a SET-listed sparkling drinks bottler manufacturer and distributor in the 14 southern provinces of Thailand on commercial contracts.
- Advising a SET-listed beverage and restaurant chain company on the sale of shares held by its major shareholder to a SET-listed beverage company.
- Advising a Singaporean company on its joint venture with its Thai joint venture partner in relation to the operation of well-known international restaurant chain in Thailand.
- Advising a large food manufacturing company on regulatory and legal compliance in relation to manufacturing of food license, food registration and food labeling registration in Thailand.
- Advising a Japanese international food and beverage company in relation to distributorship agreements with distributors in Thailand.
- Representing a large Singaporean brewery against its agent in Thailand for THB 300 million damages in connection with a distributor agreement.