We understand the legal and commercial risks of each stakeholder when a company faces financial distress.
Siam Premier’s Restructuring and Insolvency practice group is regularly instructed by creditors, debtors, planners and administrators in a broad range of restructuring and insolvency matters, including contentious insolvency and bankruptcy proceedings, large business reorganizations and complex debt restructurings.
We focus on protecting our clients’ interests and providing innovative, practical and cost-effective solutions to our clients’ legal challenges that minimize the impact of the restructuring, insolvency or bankruptcy, and capture any opportunities that are presented.
The complex nature of restructuring and insolvency work often requires multi-disciplinary teams with the right balance of technical and practical skills to assist clients develop robust strategies that meet their business objectives and manage their risk. At Siam Premier, we will tailor the right team for your matter, and adapt where necessary.
Siam Premier is instructed by key stakeholders in restructuring and insolvency matters across a number of industry sectors, including aviation, banking and finance, insurance, manufacturing, and mining.
Our expertise includes advising on:
- Acquisitions of distressed assets and loan portfolios
- Business rehabilitation
- Debt for equity and asset swaps
- Distressed debt transactions
- Formal and informal restructurings
- New equity and strategic partners
- Operational restructurings
- Petitions for liquidation and rehabilitation
- Preferences and fraudulent transactions
- Rehabilitation and bankruptcy litigation
- Turnaround strategies
- Assisting a SET-listed mining and natural resources company with its submission for a THB 2.34 billion business reorganization with the Central Bankruptcy Court which was ultimately accepted.
- Advising three major bank creditors in the THB 2 billion rehabilitation process of a large paper company.
- Advising and assisting numerous international bank creditors in submission of claims for debt repayment against finance companies in Thailand under the bankruptcy procedures of the Central Bankruptcy Court.
- Acting for one of the world’s largest international commercial banks in defence of a large claim brought by shareholders in connection with a debt restructuring.
- Advising one of the world’s leading auditing and consulting firms in Thailand in connection with its business reorganization and corporate restructure.
- Acting for a leading global insurer in relation to the restructuring of the shareholdings in its Thai subsidiary being part of a larger restructuring project in the Asia Pacific region.
- Assisting a Hong Kong company in the assignment of debts owed by a SET-listed company and its subsidiary of approximately THB 23 billion from a British multinational banking and financial services company.