Recognized as one of Thailand’s leading disputes practices, Siam Premier’s Litigation and Dispute Resolution team is known for its technical excellence, strategic problem solving skills, and ability to handle complex large-scale commercial litigation and arbitrations efficiently and effectively.
We are the trusted advocates of large Thai and foreign corporations faced with high-value, sensitive litigious matters in Thailand. We provide pragmatic, strategic advice at each step of the way designed to reduce our clients’ legal risk and exposure, while aligning our dispute resolution strategy with our clients’ commercial objectives. Our goal is to resolve our clients’ disputes swiftly and to achieve successfully negotiated or litigated outcomes, so that our clients can return to focusing on their business operations.
We have litigated in every major Thai court and are experienced in conducting Thai domestic and international arbitrations under the TAI, TCC, THAC, SIAC, ICC and NCAC rules.
We act for clients in a broad range of matters and industry sectors including aviation, manufacturing, oil and gas, banking and financial services, insurance and reinsurance, construction and infrastructure, mining and natural resources, and TMT.
Our litigation and dispute resolution services include:
- Aviation disputes
- Administrative proceedings
- Banking and finance litigation
- Construction and infrastructure projects disputes
- Criminal trials
- Domestic and international arbitration
- Energy disputes
- General commercial litigation
- Intellectual property enforcement and disputes
- International trade disputes
- Labor disputes
- Property disputes
- Large-scale debt enforcement
- Security enforcement
- Securitization litigation
- Tax disputes
- Trade disputes
- Representing one of the largest mining companies in Thailand in multi-party litigation regarding alleged cadmium contamination of the environment from mining activities, involving thousands of plaintiffs. This case is considered as one of the largest environmental disputes ever litigated in Thailand due to the substantial claimed quantum of damages and the number of parties.
- Representing a leading chemical company in a rehabilitation case regarding a breach of agreement.
- Acting for a SET-listed mining company in administrative disputes arising from the alleged violation of the Enhancement and Conservation of the National Environmental Quality Act B.E.2535.
- Acting for one of Thailand’s largest petroleum companies in arbitral proceedings against a supplier in a damages claim for delay caused by late delivery on an offshore natural gas project. This case is important because of the size of the project and its importance and value to the Kingdom of Thailand.
- Representing a leading insurance company in arbitration proceedings against a large Syndicate on the issue of ‘event’, prescription period of the insurance claim and reinsurance claim payment.
- Representing a Chinese vehicle manufacturing company in a lawsuit filed by British global automotive company on the grounds of trademark infringement and licensing agreement.