Due to its strategic location, a growing economy and dynamic environment, Thailand has seen strong foreign direct investment (FDI) inflows in recent years.
Siam Premier’s FDI practice group has extensive experience in advising both international corporations investing in Thailand and Thai domestic companies receiving investments from abroad in a broad range of industry sectors including manufacturing, property development, infrastructure, and oil and gas.
We provide strategic advice that assists investors select the right structure for setting up their operations in Thailand, including advising on current incentives and promotions available under relevant Thai investment laws. We prepare formal notices and submissions to government authorities on behalf of our clients and assist them with preparing foreign investment approval applications, and license and permit approval applications under sector-specific legislation. We also represent clients in negotiations with relevant government authorities including Board of Investment (BOI), Ministry of Commerce (MOC) and the Industrial Estate Authority of Thailand (IEAT) during approval processes.
We routinely assist investors with the evaluation of prospective local business partners for joint ventures and perform due diligence on potential business locations for their operations.
Our FDI services include advising on:
- Advising on Board of Investment (BOI) promotions and BOI applications
- Branch offices
- Advising on business structures
- Acquisition of land and long-term leases
- Due diligence
- Easter Economic Corridor (EEC)
- Facilitating investor queries
- Foreign business license and certificate applications
- International Business Centre (IBC)
- Joint ventures
- Manufacturing, import and export license applications
- Project approval applications
- Private Public Partnerships (PPPs)
- Representative offices
- Special Economic Zones (SEZs)
- Advising the Thai subsidiary of a Scandinavian global furniture company on the application for foreign business license for its service business in respect of the provision of system service for the management of delivery and assembly of furniture and decorations to furniture delivery and assembly service providers.
- Acting for several Japanese construction and infrastructure companies in relation to construction and maintenance services on the MRT Purple Line in Thailand, including advising on various corporate matters, establishment of joint ventures and applying for the Foreign Business Licenses.
- Acting for a global construction consultancy company in the establishment of a foreign-owned company, applying for the Board of Investment (BOI) Promotion Certificate under
the category of Trade and Investment Supporting Office (TISO), obtaining foreign business certificate with respect to such BOI certificate, applying for full commencement of business with the BOI, submissions of the progress reports and annual report to the BOI.
- Acting for a Japanese conglomerate in the establishment of the foreign-owned company, applying for the Board of Investment Promotion Certificate under the category of Trade and Investment Supporting Office (TISO), and obtaining foreign business certificate.
- Acting for a furniture manufacturing company in the establishment of the foreign-owned company, applying for the Board of Investment Promotion Certificate under the category of Trade and Investment Supporting Office (TISO), request for approval on land ownership and land use from the BOI, and obtaining foreign business certificate.
- Acting for a health and wellness company, a subsidiary of a SGX-listed company, in applying for Board of Investment Promotion Certificate under the category No. 7.5: International Headquarters (IHQ) for the purpose of providing management services to its subsidiaries and associated companies.
- Acting for a global sanitary ware company, in cooperation with a Thai company in the establishment of a joint venture company in Thailand for importing and selling bathroom and kitchen products in Thailand.
- Assisting a foreign engineering company in establishing the representative office in Thailand.