Siam Premier’s Corporate and M&A team advises sellers, bidders and acquisition targets on some of the most complex and high-value public and private M&A deals in Thailand.
We pride ourselves on working side-by-side with our clients and their advisors throughout the deal lifecycle to achieve seamless and successful deal outcomes. We also provide day-to-day corporate and regulatory advice that assists our clients to safely navigate any legal or regulatory challenges facing their businesses.
We understand that every deal is different, so we fully integrate members from our other practice groups into the core deal team to suit the needs of each deal, including working closely with our antitrust and competition team in relation to the trade competition law aspects of large-scale transactions. Our experienced and dedicated multidisciplinary team understands the market sectors that our clients operate in, and we regularly advise across a broad range of sectors including automotive, aviation, real estate, hospitality, construction, energy, transportation and logistics, insurance, technology, media and telecommunications (TMT), education, food and beverage, chemical and pharmaceutical.
From our deep transactional experience, we are able to anticipate issues that might arise during the deal process and are ready to provide pragmatic solutions to them. We have excellent working relationships with regulators, and our regulatory expertise is further strengthened by one of our partners who has served as a member of the Takeover Panel since its inception in 2002. We are therefore well-positioned to provide practical and valuable insight and advice on the operation of laws and regulations governing securities and M&A activities in Thailand.
Our expertise covers the full spectrum of corporate and M&A matters including:
- Advising on and assisting with pre-merger filing and post-merger notification
- Corporate restructurings
- Due diligence (vendor and buy-side)
- Foreign direct investment
- Government concessions and licensing
- Joint ventures, venture capital and other ownership structures
- Leveraged buy-outs
- Outward direct investment – Laos and Myanmar
- Private and public M&A
- Private equity
- Regulatory compliance
- Share acquisitions and divestitures
- Takeovers and tender offers
- Representing a publicly listed petrochemical company in a THB 26.3 billion restructuring of its petrochemical and refinery portfolio.
- Acting for a UK headquartered global health insurance company on the THB 2.17 billion sale of its Thai subsidiary to a US managed global health insurance company.
- Acting for a Swiss-based global pharmaceutical company on the USD 5.4 billion disposal of its animal health business to a US global animal health company with respect to Thai assets.
- Acting for a global life insurance company and its Thai subsidiary in the THB 17.5 billion 100% share acquisition of a life insurance subsidiary of a SET-listed bank, and advising on the bancassurance agreement between the parties.
- Advising a Japanese multinational engineering, electrical equipment and electronics company in the transfer of injection molding machine business in its Thai subsidiary to a Thai machinery company.
- Representing a regional branch of a Singaporean multinational banking organization in a private placement of debentures issued by several large Thai public and private companies.
- Advising a large Japanese property development company in collaboration with a SET-listed property developer in establishing various joint venture companies to develop property and residential condominium projects in Thailand.
- Advising on the amalgamation between two large hotel management companies being subsidiaries of a Thai multinational hospitality company headquartered in Bangkok.
- Advising a Japanese global glass manufacturing company in the tender offer and delisting of securities of its Thai construction materials company.
- Conducting vendor due diligence on one of the largest health insurance companies in Thailand and advising on corporate structure.
- Assisting a SET-listed household appliance manufacturing company in respect of a share repurchase from minority shareholders for financial management purposes, disposal of the repurchased shares and reduction of the paid up capital for deduction of the unsold repurchased shares.