Siam Premier’s Banking & Finance team has in-depth experience in acting for both lenders and borrowers in structuring, negotiating and documenting all types of domestic and cross-border financing transactions across a diverse range of market sectors.
Our team advises commercial and investment banks, global financial institutions, public sector entities, major Thai corporations and multinational companies on large domestic financing transactions and as Thai counsel on complex cross-border financing transactions. We also advise domestic and foreign private sector clients on all aspects of Thai financial regulatory and compliance matters, including in relation to the Bank of Thailand (BOT), Securities and Exchange Commission, Thailand (SEC), and the Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET).
Our Banking and Finance team works closely with our M&A, Capital Markets, Tax, Projects & Energy and Insolvency & Restructuring teams to effectively structure transactions that deliver commercial outcomes for our clients.
We also have a strong litigation team with in-depth experience in financial disputes and insolvency and restructuring matters.
Siam Premier represents clients in a broad range of Banking and Finance matters, including:
- Asset finance
- Aviation finance
- Bond finance
- Cross-border finance
- Employee share option schemes
- Financial regulation and compliance
- Foreign exchange
- Project finance
- Real estate finance
- Secured and syndicated lending
- Structured finance
- Advising a SET-listed real estate development company in relation to a THB 6.6 billion loan facility obtained from two Thai commercial banks for construction and development of a shopping mall development project, and assisting in reviewing and negotiating terms and conditions of the loan facility agreement and related collateral.
- Representing and advising two Thai commercial banks in relation to a THB 4.01 billion syndicated loan facility granted to a large Thai corporation and assisting in drafting loan facility agreement and security agreements.
- Advising a Japanese banking corporation and various bank customers residing in Thailand in relation to the issuance of numerous series of unsecured Yen-denominated bonds, which were offered to Japanese investors and totaled the equivalent of USD 100 million.
- Advising a large Japanese property development company on the credit facility and security arrangements for the construction of condominium projects in several joint ventures with a SET-listed property development company.
- Assisting a Singaporean banking corporation in reviewing and advising on their plans of wealth management services and marketing of securities and derivatives products to be launched and offered to existing and prospect customers in Thailand.
- Advising a foreign-based commercial bank in relation to a plan for establishment of a subsidiary company in Thailand and application for a securities advisory service license and a derivatives advisory service license.
- Advising a Japanese fund in relation to the issues regarding issuance for sale of bonds to investors in foreign countries.
- Assisted 10 domestic and foreign financial institutions in providing a THB 50 billion syndication loan to a client in registering a mortgage over the client’s assets in Thailand.