Siam Premier’s Taxation practice group provides strategic legal advice on all aspects of Thai taxation law including tax saving opportunities, appeals and tax litigation.
Our experienced interdisciplinary team makes sense of the complex and changing Thai taxation law framework and provides pragmatic solutions that assist our clients develop the right deal structure, minimize their tax costs and maximize incentives.
We regularly advise on the Thai tax law aspects of investment structuring and restructuring, M&A and other corporate transactions, tax incentive requirements, and tax planning for project models including build-operate-transfer (BOT), build-own-operate-transfer (BOOT), build-transfer-operate (BTO) and other forms of concession agreements. We also have strong capabilities in Thailand in tax litigation and dispute resolution.
Our clients include Thai domestic corporations of all sizes and foreign corporations investing in Thailand in a broad range of industry sectors including manufacturing, energy, oil and gas, aviation, shipping, property, hospitality, and TMT. We also advise high net worth private clients in relation to tax planning and compliance.
Our expertise includes advising on:
- Business restructuring
- Corporate, investment and debt structuring
- BOI, IEAT, EEC and SEZ tax incentives
- Customs duties
- Corporate income tax
- Excise tax
- Gift tax
- Inheritance tax
- Land and Building Tax
- Personal income tax
- Petroleum Income Tax
- Specific business tax
- Signboard tax
- Stamp duty
- Tax appeals
- Tax disputes and litigation
- Tax planning for BTO, BOT, BOOT agreements and concession projects
- Tax planning for M&A, joint ventures and consortiums
- Transfer pricing
- Value added tax (VAT)
- Withholding tax
- Advising a SET-listed construction and engineering company on tax considerations and representing it in appealing the assessment of corporate income tax and VAT.
- Advising a leading global provider of B2B travel services on legal and tax considerations for its global restructuring of its hotel reservation and meeting and events business.
- Advising on business structure with tax efficiency on an investment in a hotel and casino in Cambodia and also assisting in implementation of the structure until commencing operation of the company in Cambodia.
- Advising on the legal and tax considerations for restructuring a group of food companies before the IPO.
- Advising and representing a container terminal operator company in appealing the assessment on House and Land Tax by Bangkok Metropolitan to Court of Taxation.
- Advising an international school group on exit structure on divestment of interest in the school and negotiating terms and reviewing draft sale and purchase agreement and relevant agreements in selling shares with tax saving opportunities.
- Advising a Thai global corporation on legal and tax considerations of tax efficient investment structures for an investment in Myanmar.
- Advising a SET-listed insurance company on its tax options in relation to corporate restructuring.
- Advising on and implementing an entire business transfer for a capital markets company with tax exemption on transfer of assets and liabilities in restructuring of the group companies.